In 1950, Jim Foot opened the Dayton Dixie Auto Auction
in a quonset hut on North Dixie Dr in Dayton. In 1953 it was sold and moved to a new building across the street where it stayed
untill 1990 when it was moved to its present home two miles north of its original location.
Over the years Dayton
Auto Auction has changed hands eight times but with all of the changes, the staff has provided a continuity of service. The
current owner took over in 1985 and has kept it a two-lane auction with personal service at the core of the business.